Here at CFC we are blessed to have a Korean Partner Church--The Hanmok Church in Suwon, South Korea-- though the Connecticut Conference, UCC. Here's more about the program:
The Connecticut Conference maintains a vital and exciting ecumenical partnership with the Kyung-Ki Presbytery of the Presbyterian Church in South Korea. The Connecticut Conference of the United Church of Christ formed a covenanted relationship with the Kyung-Ki Presbytery in South Korea in 1994. The churches committed to build a relationship with each other, learn about each other’s culture, and grow in faith together. Individual Connecticut churches establish partnerships with individual Korean churches with the help of the Connecticut Conference Korean Partnership Committee.
Partners Visit Each Other
The Korean Partnership Committee sponsors opportunities to travel to South Korea to visit our partner churches.
- Each April we send delegates to the Kyung-Ki Presbytery’s Annual Meeting.
- Every four years the Connecticut Conference sponsors the Sacred Journey program in which youth in grades 9-12 have the opportunity to visit their partner churches.
- Individual Connecticut churches also arrange for their own travel groups to visit partner churches.
The Kyung-Ki Presbytery provides similar travel opportunities for its churches.
- Each October South Korean pastors attend the CT Conference
- Every four years Korean youth participate in an exchange Sacred
Journey program in CT.
- CT women hosted Korean women at the Women of the UCC Conference in March 2010.
the Lines of Communication Open
Staying in touch is a crucial component to successful relationship development and ongoing management. Partners send greeting cards and small gifts at Christmastime or for other special events in their congregational life. They send photos of church members and photo directories with an explanation of what they receive. The ever-changing world of technology lets partners keep each other updated through email and social media outlets like Facebook. Even Sunday School classes match up students to create email-pals! The life of our church here in Connecticut is enriched by this wonderful partnership with Hanmok Church in South Korea.
Here are links to an article and blog posts about the Korean Partner Delegation Trip in April 2018: